Biomed InTray® DM and SAB FungID™
FUNGID™ — A UNIQUE SYSTEM FOR CULTURE AND IDENTIFICATION OF DERMATOPHYTES
CULTURE MEDIA FOR DERMATOPHYTE, FUNGUS AND YEAST
Ready-to-use, affordable, rapid results that are easy to interpret!
ACCURATE AND EASY IDENTIFICATION
- FungID is a convenient, in-house culture medium that provides a simple, rapid method for confirming diagnosis of dermatophyte infections.
- InTray® DM-FungID is a single exposure system formulated to produce a red color in the presence of growing dermatophytes.
- The medium is formulated to produce distinctive colony growth with typical identifying characteristics both macro and microscopically.
- The medium inhibits most gram-positive bacteria, gram-negative bacteria, yeast and saprophytic fungi.
- Ready-to-use diagnostic test medium — no preparation of medium necessary.
- Extended shelf life, easy storage — InTray DM FungID has a 27 month shelf life
With results as early as 48 hours after inoculation, you will have an accurate detection of the fungal infection, allowing for timely and effective treatment of your patients.
FungID products contain very similar nutrients/compounds; however, the main difference is that InTray DM FungID’s dermatophyte media has a ‘presumptive’ dermatophyte positive color change indicator, phenol red. This molecule gives a yellow color in acidic microenvironments and turns to red in alkali conditions. Dermatophyte fungi generally turn DM media from yellow to red as soon as the fungal colony can be seen with the naked eye.
As standard procedure, most clinical labs use SAB w/CC as their primary plating media for dermatophytes. InTray SAB w/CC has the additional benefit of 100x magnification microscopy direct from InTray device — with no need for replating.
InTray improves efficiency because the culture can be scanned directly for fungal hyphae that have distinguishing morphology (micro/macro conidia et al) that may be worth the effort of further work-up. For some species of fungi, diagnostic morphology can be distinguished from InTray 100x magnification alone.
INTRAY FUNGID IS SELECTIVE FOR:
- M. canis
- M. gypseum
- T mentagrophytes
- T. equinum
- T. verrucosum
- M. nanum
- and more