Regional Sales Manager, Eastern Canada
Based in Montreal or Quebec City.
Somagen Diagnostics Inc. was founded over 30 years ago in Edmonton and has grown steadily to become Canada’s largest provider of medical technology to laboratories, hospitals, and clinics. Somagen is the exclusive Canadian distributor for many of the world’s most respected diagnostic product manufacturers. We pride ourselves on being a highly technical sales organization providing leading support solutions to our clinical customers. Our proven business model has consistently achieved sustained growth.
Somagen is part of the Diploma Healthcare Group (DHG) which is a group of specialized medical device distribution companies operating in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, and Denmark. DHG is owned by Diploma PLC, a public company traded on the London Stock Exchange with a market cap in excess of £1.1B.
As a Regional Sales Manager in Clinical Diagnostics, you will be responsible for leading the sales efforts in Quebec and Atlantic Canada, managing a team of sales representatives, and building and nurturing key customer relationships. Your role involves overseeing sales strategies, driving revenue growth, and ensuring that our diagnostic solutions meet the unique needs of healthcare professionals in the region. You will lead the team of territory managers and work collaboratively with other commercial leaders, as well as cross functionally within the company.
- Sales Leadership: Lead and manage a team of territory managers, providing guidance, coaching, and support to achieve sales targets and KPIs.
- Territory Management: Develop and implement sales strategies to maximize revenue in Quebec and Atlantic Canada. Identify growth opportunities and potential key accounts.
- Customer Relationships: Build and maintain strong relationships with key customers, including medical laboratories, hospitals, and healthcare facilities.
- Product Knowledge: Develop a deep understanding of our diagnostic products and keep up-to-date with the latest advancements and industry trends.
- Sales Forecasting: Monitor and analyze sales data to accurately forecast sales trends, track performance, and make data-driven recommendations.
- Collaboration: Work closely with internal teams, including marketing and business development, to ensure a cohesive approach to sales and customer engagement.
- Training and Development: Provide ongoing training and development to the sales team, keeping them informed about product updates and industry knowledge.
- Budget Management: Manage the regional sales budget, ensuring resources are allocated effectively to achieve sales objectives.
- Territory Profitability: Ensure the deals in the region are done in a manner to build sustainable growth and profitability for the company as well as contributing towards company financial KPIs.
The successful individual will possess the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- Be bilingual in French and English
- Proven experience in sales (7-10+) and sales management (3+) in the clinical diagnostics or medical device industry.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in sales and CRM software.
- Knowledge of diagnostics products and industry regulations.
- Results-oriented with a history of achieving or surpassing targets.
- Willingness to travel within the territory (overnight territory up to 40% of time depending on home base location). International travel may be required periodically.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
If you are interested in working for progressive and dynamic companies with solid growth potential, in a field that has a direct impact on the lives of our employees, hospital staff and patients, then we would like to hear from you on how you can contribute and grow with us!
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com