Market Development Manager
Based in Greater Toronto, Montreal or another urban Canadian City.
Somagen Diagnostics Inc. was founded over 30 years ago in Edmonton and has grown steadily to become Canada’s largest provider of medical technology to laboratories, hospitals, and clinics. Somagen is the exclusive Canadian distributor for many of the world’s most respected diagnostic product manufacturers. We pride ourselves on being a highly technical sales organization providing leading support solutions to our clinical customers. Our proven business model has consistently achieved sustained growth.
Somagen is part of the Diploma Healthcare Group (DHG) which is a group of specialized medical device distribution companies operating in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, and Denmark. DHG is owned by Diploma PLC, a public company traded on the London Stock Exchange with a market cap in excess of £1.1B.
Reporting into the Vice President Commercial, the Market Development Manager will play a pivotal role in driving growth in key portfolios by maximizing the reach and uptake of Somagen’s offerings to end users and patients in the diagnostics sector.
The Market Development Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies for market growth, by identifying and capitalizing on market opportunities leading to the expansion and increased adoption of Somagen’s products or services within our targeted market. This will be done by establishing strong KOL relationships, creating strategic initiatives, developing new partnerships and other various market access techniques.
- Strategy Development: Develop and execute strategic plans to drive market development, including market segmentation, targeting, and positioning.
- Market Shaping: Initiate and execute market shaping activities by identifying and creating demand for innovative diagnostic solutions in collaboration with industry influencers.
- Reimbursement Strategies: Develop and implement reimbursement strategies that ensure our products and services are accessible to a broad range of patients, working in tandem with government agencies and private payers.
- Collaboration with KOLs: Establish and nurture relationships with KOLs in the diagnostics field to gain insights, endorsements, and industry influence to support our products and services.
- Patient Advocacy Groups: Collaborate with patient advocacy groups to understand patient needs, gather feedback, and tailor our offerings to improve patient outcomes.
- Special Interest Groups: Engage with special interest groups to identify and leverage market opportunities and collaborate on initiatives aligned with our business objectives.
- Innovative Strategies: Develop and execute innovative strategies to identify new business opportunities, forge partnerships, and expand into emerging markets.
- Performance Metrics: Establish and monitor KPIs for market shaping, reimbursement, and compliance activities to assess the success of your initiatives.
- Customer Engagement: Build and maintain relationships with key customers, KOLs, and industry influencers. Understand their needs and provide tailored solutions.
- Product Promotion: Collaborate with the marketing team to create effective marketing campaigns, collateral, and promotional materials to support the sales team in achieving targets.
- Sales Support: Provide the sales team with the necessary tools, training, and resources to effectively sell diagnostic products and services.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage the market development budget to ensure efficient allocation of resources.
- Performance Metrics: Establish and monitor KPIs to measure the success of market development efforts and make data-driven decisions.
- Market Expansion: Identify new business opportunities, partnerships, and expansion into new markets to drive revenue growth.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and standards in the diagnostics industry.
- Complete all internal reporting responsibilities promptly and completely as required.
- Manage expense budgets vigorously to maximize corporate profitability.
- National travel required 50% -60% of the time. International travel may also be required.
The successful individual will possess the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare administration, or a related field. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years professional work experience, with a minimum 5+ years in the clinical diagnostic market.
- Proven experience in market development, including market shaping and reimbursement.
- Profound knowledge of diagnostics market dynamics, reimbursement systems.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholder groups, including KOLs, patient advocacy groups, and special interest groups.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated track record of innovative market development strategies.
- Results-oriented with a history of achieving or surpassing targets.
- Proactive and is comfortable operating without supervision, manages daily priorities while simultaneously moving longer-term business improvement projects forward, providing high level reporting as and when deemed appropriate.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Bilingual (English – French) is an asset
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
If you are interested in working for progressive and dynamic companies with solid growth potential, in a field that has a direct impact on the lives of our employees, hospital staff and patients, then we would like to hear from you on how you can contribute and grow with us!
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com